We have an opening for an Account Manager in New York City, starting immediately. If you’re a bright, creative, enthusiastic publicist who understands the value of deep relationships and is eager to grow at a hands-on, boutique agency with a unique clientele, this is a great job for you. If you’re also passionate about all things bridal, then it’s the only job for you!
What to expect:
You will manage several client accounts and have an opportunity to collaborate with the Founder in a friendly, entrepreneurial environment. You will work closely with clients and contribute to PR programs in meaningful ways. You will stay on top of trends by closely following bridal and general consumer media and by interacting with editors on a regular basis. You will actively network with industry influencers and other targeted groups by attending select events and meetings in order to help grow the company.
This job will help diversify your PR experience, position you as an expert in this niche and build solid relationships with top media and other influencers. You will also be exposed to great talent in fashion, design, photography, technology and other fields. But most importantly – and this is the main reason we started this company – you will have the happiest PR job in town. If that sounds good, read on!
What we expect from you:
– Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, marketing, English or related fields
– 2+ years of full-time work experience in PR and/or bridal industry
– Interest in the bridal industry as well as fashion, design and photography
– Stellar communication skills, including poised phone manner, great writing and perfect grammar
– Strong initiative and resourcefulness of a go-getter (otherwise, what are you doing in PR?)
– Great attention to detail and a knack for staying organized
– Ability to thrive under pressure with minimal direct supervision and quickly adapt to changing priorities
– Deep understanding of social media
Competitive monthly pay + commission for new business
Hours: 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri (with rare weekend hours for special events)
Location: office in Flatiron, frequent events in NYC, plus occasional travel in the U.S.
Vacation & Time Off: 3 weeks (1 paid, 2 weeks unpaid time off per year)
Other Perks: While we work hard, we also like to have fun, which means you will go to happy hours, fashion shows and other fun events.
How to apply
Please email us the following to :
– Cover letter to describe why you will succeed as a PR Account Manager at our firm and what makes you excited about working in the bridal industry. We get a lot of resumes, so please tell us what’s unique about you.
– Social media links to your relevant accounts
– 3 relevant writing samples, including pitches, press releases, content marketing articles. Proud of previous client placement? Send us your best clips.