I Do PR is looking for a bright, motivated and highly organized Public Relations Account Coordinator to join our team in New York City! This part-time position is ideal for someone looking to get their hands dirty at a boutique agency, work with creative clients and learn more about the riveting and quickly changing bridal industry. If you’re looking to develop deep, lasting relationships, this position will allow you to work closely with the principal as well as meet amazingly talented editors. Plus, you’ll get to brag that your job consists of looking at pretty wedding pictures all day! For the right candidate, this position has an opportunity to become full-time within several months.
Duties will include:
– Manage day-to-day client activities, including research, evaluation and implementation of strategic pitching, paying careful attention to deadlines and client records.
– Create effective, well-written pitches that are tailored to specific publications
– Follow up with editors and clients to insure smooth, timely communication
– Answer editor requests with immediacy and accuracy by sending images or shipping samples when necessary
– Track resulting coverage, collect and process placement images
– Ghostwrite and edit clients’ quotes, bio and guest blog posts
– Send thank you emails to editors
– Monitor and promote clients’ social media
– Update clients’ monthly placement reports
– Keep an up-to-date editor database
– Occasional blogging and editing
We expect you to be ahead of the stories and trends by reading all bridal publications and other relevant media as well as interacting with editors through social media.
– Bachelor’s degree in communication, literature or marketing
– Previous internship or work experience in public relations
– Passion for the bridal industry
– Stellar communication skills: pleasant phone manner and perfect grammar
– Great attention to detail and a knack for staying organized
– Deep understanding and experience in social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest)
– Positive, can-do attitude of a true go-getter
– Experience with Photoshop or other image-processing software
– Drive to succeed
How to apply:
Before applying, please learn more about our company and clients for a better understanding of the focus of I Do PR. Please email us your resume, links to your relevant LinkedIn, Twitter or Pinterest accounts, and a cover letter where you explain why you believe you’ll succeed as a PR account coordinator and what makes you excited about working in the bridal industry.
This position offers flexible hours, competitive salary, and a mix of telecommuting and on site work in New York City.